The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Choices

Good almost afternoon!
I've noticed something this past week.  Our choices - When a tough choice is placed before us, there are two ways to deal with it:  Nephi's way and the Children of Israel when being lead out of Egypt's way.
The Children of Israel had it pretty easy.  Miracles were happening all around them and they were still moping around complaining how hard it was.  After all that Moses does for them they still just complain.
Nephi didn't have it so easy.  When he was commanded to build a boat, his brother's were giving him a hard time.  Hurting him, making him feel like he can't do it.  But Nephi stuck it out.  He knew that Heavenly Father does not give us any choices that we cannot handle! He stuck it out and was able to perform a miracle himself, he was able to build a ship and sail across the sea to the Promise Land. 
So hopefully we all will take every hard choice, every hard thing that we have to go through, Nephi's way.
I don't really know much about my new Ward because it was Stake Conference yesterday and Saturday.  It was pretty great seeing other missionaries there.  YSA ward is good.   Members are a lot of fun! They are mostly super young since it is a Marine Base.  I really love it here.
Yes I am super relaxed now! I feel like I sleep a lot better! We actually went to the mall last Monday, I didn't spend a penny in the mall!!! I was so proud of myself. 
Mich is already leaving!?  Holy Smokes.  Time just flies!  Anything else new in the 801?

Elder Beach


We all have fears. Some may be bigger than others. For me, it's spiders. Especially spiders in North Carolina... But we need to face our fears! To defeat our fears we have to go through it and not run away. (But I most definitely did in this case)

My best friend turns 17 tomorrow. Dexter is my brother, believe it or not, we have the same parents. Even though we are complete opposites I love him so much! He has been such a great example to everyone around him, including me. He is the perfect example of loving everyone and just being himself! I love you Dex! Have a great birthday!


"Have we not reason to be filled with gratitude, regardless of the circumstances in which we find ourselves?" There is always a brighter side to things. Even in our darkest times. We need to be thankful, because someone, somewhere, has it worse. So count the small victories and forget about the losses.





No comments:

Post a Comment