The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Monday, November 18, 2013

It Is Crazy How The Gospel Changes Us

Holy smokes! Today was phenomenal... I honestly have no idea who I am anymore.  It is crazy how the Gospel changes us.  So today we met with Elder Baxter. I sang in a 4 man choir and I gave a talk on the Atonement.  Elder Baxter is friends with Jim Woodward.  It was such a powerful meeting with Elder Baxter. The one thing I will share with you is the quote he left us with:
"Jesus died for you, will you live for him?"
 I love that quote so much!

MOM REPONSE:  Okay, wait.  You sang in a 4 Man Choir?  Wait. WHAT???  If you know Parker at all, even just a wee bit, you would know that he would NEVER sing.  Like ever.  No. Seriously. EVER.

Saturday, November 16, Elder Beach had the awesome opportunity to baptize one of the Sister Missionaries Investigators.



So everything went great for the baptism! Everyone was there, except for her father unfortunately. So it comes time to perform it. We're down in the font, I tell her to come closer to the front since she is taller. I go to dunk her under and as we go down I see that if she continues she is going to hit her head. So I Parker, being a man large in stature, and also having received much strength of the Lord, therefore I did pick her up and slide her out of the way so she would not hit her head. ( 1 Nephi 4:31 ;))  It went great! I only had to do it once!




Believe it or not, I have made an amazing lesson to teach families at dinner appointments. The pictures are the lesson, I'll explain. The lesson is based on Alma 50. The chapter in which Moroni is preparing the cities for war. We just go through the chapter starting in verse 1


Verse 1 It talks about Heaps of Earth around the city


Heaps of Earth and Works of Timber. verse 1-2 



Frames of Pickets around as well 



He then added Towers at each corner 



He did all that to make it impossible for the Lamanites to attack them.


On the back of the Lamanites, you guessed it. Satan 


Then on the back of the city, you write the family's name. After you set it all up, you turn over all the pieces. 



On the back of all of towers, heaps of earth, works of timber. and the pickets are principles of our gospel like: Prayer, FHE, Prophet, scriptures, the Restored Gospel, etc. 

1 comment: