The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Monday, November 25, 2013

Everyday I'm Shufflin'...


November 22 marks Elder Beach's 100 Days as a missionary!
After seeing pictures of our early Worthington Family Thanksgiving Dinner, Elder Beach did some reflecting this week -  “Can you believe that it was a year ago at the Worthington Thanksgiving dinner when Erin had everyone go around and say something nice about me and what they are thankful for!?”  Elder Beach didn’t even have his call at that time but we knew he wouldn’t be with us for the next few holidays because of his plans to serve a mission.
Actually transfers are not short this month now. It will be a full 6 week transfer so I will be spending Christmas in Cary. So you can send whatever to the Hampton Lee Court address for Christmas (full address in the right column). The end of the Transfers is New Years Eve.
Mom is curious if he climbed a tree for this pic?
This week was like any other week. It's just frustrating because we are trying to find people and we can't. We have a total of 2 investigators. No one wants to hear our message.
Nephi: These brothers of mine!  Why do they never listen?
The wedding was great! The food was so good! Had pulled pork sandwiches, Brisket, Potato Salad, Mac & Cheese and Apple Cobbler! So during the day, we helped set up, ran back to the apartment to change, ran back just in time for the ceremony. Then the music came on. I was having such a hard time holding back from dancing. Party Rock Anthem came on and I just couldn't hold it. I started to shuffle, and the photographer (Bro. Syrett) got a few pictures. We then started to help clean up and I was of course dancing while doing it.
I miss music. But I can live I guess. That's kinda all for this week… nothing too much happened.

Love ya!
Elder Beach

Multi-Tasking - Getting Ready for the Wedding (aren't their matching ties cute?)


Elder Buckner and Elder Beach at a Ward Members wedding. 
Photographer called this one:  Attack of  the Beach

Hi There Elder!

I about died yesterday...

Not literally...

So, at the Wedding...

the music...

my favorite songs...

everyone dancing....

Party Rock Anthem came on. I couldn't help it. I started shuffling. Surprised everybody there with my dance moves.  Bro. Syrett got a few picks of it.


Oh, I almost forgot. Yesterday, Elder Parker, Quorum of the Seventy was at our sacrament meeting,  I have no idea why. But right after sacrament meeting, he rushed right down to us and started chatting with Elder Buckner and I. A member was trying to pull me away to talk to for a bit, but Elder Parker pulled me right back. It was like I was the rope in a rope pulling contest. It was funny. I was like.... He..... grabbed.... my.... arm!!!!  It was great. That's all for now. I think... Love ya!

This Week's Facebook Quotes

You are not called to serve in a place; you are called to serve in place of the Savior.
We talk of the Second Coming; half the world has never heard of the first.
All true faith must be based upon correct knowledge or it cannot produce the desired results!
Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful. Don't be afraid of the trials and hardships that come your way! They are what make you, you!
I know not by what methods are rare.
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest!

No comments:

Post a Comment