The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Service Opens The Door For The Spirit

1st Area: Cary, NC
1st Companion:  Elder Buckner, Cedar Hills, Utah




"You could say I consider myself a HERO!"

Ello~

I actually have found 4 new investigators this last week! We were riding around in a neighborhood, and saw an elderly couple raking leaves. I was on exchanges with my District Leader, who just wanted to leave them alone and said to just go past them. I told him no, I have a feeling we should talk to them. They were not interested in a message, but I asked if they would like some help to finish raking their leaves. They gladly accepted, not expecting us to offer help. We set up a date to come back this next week to help them with their backyard and said they would love to hear a message.
After we finished with them, we continued riding our bikes and found a black woman, probably around her mid 20's  raking her yard. We asked if we could help her as well. She declined, but said she would love for us to come back and share a message this week also!
Then a while later, to kill time, haha, I decided to knock on a door. A man answered and said "I know who you are, I would love to listen, but I have to go pick up my kids." Elder Buckner and I are going back over to his house tonight to teach him the Restoration. I am so excited to see what the rest of this week will bring!  Oh! Saturday, I have been asked to baptize one of the Sister Missionaries Investigators!
Man! That does sound like a busy church week! Not as busy as mine every week ;) No I have not been able to do another temple session! I want to so bad though! It's so tempting since we are so close to the Temple here! We only get to go twice a year, before every General Conference. I did get to go once in the MTC.
Also, I have been told a lot lately that I look like Harry Potter. So I think it would be funny if you find a Gryffindor color kinda tie and send that! ;)  Elder Buckner just barely got me interested in ties... I have no idea why haha. It like hit me over night. It was weird.
Believe it or not, I haven’t had fast food for about a month!  We do eat at members’ homes but mostly we cook for ourselves.


"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." ~Ether 12:6

This verse holds such an incredible promise, all we have to do is recognize that we need God's help, ask Him for help trusting that He will in fact help and through grace He will bless us. I personally have received strength as I have struggled with my weaknesses, and though the road is long and I have far to go this verse brings me such comfort as I walk that road.
Railroad

My lil buddy-Riley.  His parents gave us a ride to Stake Conference

We find

We teach

We baptize

We RESCUE

We establish the church as NCRM missionaries!

"You could say I LOVE my new camera!"



No comments:

Post a Comment