The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Few Pics and Facebook Posts

July 2014



I got a flat while riding our bikes about a mile away and we had to get home so our dinner appointment could pick us up. So I had to carry my bike.


As missionaries, we learn really how important it is to follow up. In Preach My Gospel it uses a great analogy on why we should follow up
"Extending an invitation without following up is like beginning a journey without finishing it or buying a ticket to a concert without going into the theater. Without the completed action, the commitment is hollow."

Having a rough day? This quote can help!


 Couldn't have said it any better!


 Where are you willing to go?


 Serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength!



Oh yeah. I bought a new suit at a thrift store last Monday for $20, it was a Chaps.. So why not!? :) The pants just need a little fitting...





If you treat an individual as he is, he will stay as he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he could be and ought to be, he will become what he ought to be.





It all begins with our desires.


“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
These principles are the great antidotes to the fears that rob us of our strength and sometimes knock us down to defeat. They give us power.
What power? The power of the gospel, the power of truth, the power of faith, the power of the priesthood.

This was something Elder Rawlings pointed out to me the other day.
 I thought it was really great!
" I am called of God.
My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work."



(kind of inappropriate... oh our missionaries!... shaking my head...)
Saying Goodbye to Elder McHan. (Going home to Idaho on Wednesday)



No comments:

Post a Comment