The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 6, 2014

This week went pretty good. We found a new investigator from a Recent-Convert. He seems very solid and wants to be baptized really bad. He comes to church with his friend, all the time, and has recognized that there is a different spirit when coming to the LDS church than going to any other. We asked him to pray about the Book of Mormon and to pray what day he thinks he should be baptized. 


General Conference is just a few hours away! Who are you looking forward to hearing from?


This Conference was really great! I really enjoyed all the talks. I liked D. Todd Christofferson's and Elder Holland’s, of course. I was starting to worry that Elder Bednar wasn't going to speak at all cause I love him too. In the chapel, when they announced he would be the second to last speaker, I said in a loud voice, " It's about time! I was starting to worry!" It was pretty much just the missionaries in the chapel and a few members and they all turned around and started laughing. 

Oh, I don't know if I told you. We had a pre-screening of Meet the Mormons. One of the Sisters in the mission, her Dad was the Director. It is really good! Brought tears to my eyes. I don't know if I like this mission thing… It's makin’ me soft.

We sometimes have to make small sacrifices now in this life to bring big blessings for our future. (Like Flu Shots)
(Elder Beach and his brother actually got their shots the very same day and we didn't realize it until we saw this pic---aaaah special brother bond!)



As we read the scriptures and listen to our Modern Day Prophet's with all our heart and mind, the Lord will help us understand how we can live up to our fullest potential.


"Have I done any good in the world today?" Random acts of kindness go a long way! You don't have to do something big, just by saying "Hello" or "Good Afternoon" to someone can change their whole outlook on the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment