The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Thursday, August 22, 2013

First and Last P-Day at the MTC--August 21, 2013

Wednesday - FINALLY P-DAY!!
We finally received an E-mail from Elder Beach on Wednesday morning and were able to E-Mail back and forth for a while, while he was doing laundry.  So this is a compilatoin of those messages.  He really is doing great and having a good time, eating lots, missing all of us and so excited to fly to North Carolina on Monday!!!
E-MAILS from Elder Beach:
I can only write to you guys on my P-Day. That’s why you haven't really heard from me. Uhh, all is well I guess. Umm I think I may have found a solution to my little appendix problems when I get that super sharp pain around it. 
One of my teachers who is like 23 I’m guessing, had the exact same pain on his mission as well and went to the doctors.  The Dr. found out it was Chronic Appendicitus. SO the next day I went to the doctor to try to figure it out. The doctor did not listen to me at all. He had me do some blood work and as usual it came back negative for everything.  Just as my teachers did. So I don’t really know what to do…
He had that pain while he was at the doctors, luckily.  There is no exact time of when you know when the pain will come.
I really want to figure out what the heck is wrong with my appendix.  I want to get it figured out here so then it doesn’t cause a problem in NC. I just don’t want to be sent home for surgery and then to recover and then have to say good bye to everyone again. It is just frustrating because the Dr. here is not cooperating with me.
Congrats on the call as the YW counselor BTW!
These past few days have been both so fun but so hard as well. At times I wish that I could just come home.
I have an hour on the computer and yes I do get the DearElder letters daily. They check the mail twice, after lunch and after dinner.  Can you send me pictures with letters, as well, to hang up in my room?
The first day I bought 80 envelopes and 20 stamps, and so now I have around 150 envelopes and 30 stamps! 
So Monday we are getting up at 3:30 AM, taking our luggage to the travel building, and then we get our tickets and then I believe we head to the airport.   We go through the usual airport stuff, and then we are flying to Detroit first at around 7:30, and arrive around noon, I believe and then from Detroit to Raleigh is about another 3 hours! So we'll get there around 3:00ish I believe.
Man this hour is going by so fast. I think me and Elder Holmes are going to get off in 6 minutes. So then we can get back on later tonight and give everyone a chance to reply to our emails.
One last thing, I finally found Will [Anderl] and talked to him for a bit! I felt so alone because everyone in my district has seen their friends and other people they know. I finally saw him while doing laundry and so we talked for a bit! I didn’t get a chance to see Steve [Haglund], I guess he was moved to the West Campus, and then left yesterday for Mexico! I’m just glad I know that Will IS at the MTC I am at and that I know someone personally and not just my companion.
Will's Mom writes: Here is the photo of Parker and Will at the MTC.   Will just woke up from a nap on Prep Day.  Parker looks like an official missionary......so handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment