The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Monday, September 9, 2013

I Love It Here In Raleigh!!

First Companion:  Elder Buckner
First Area:  Cary, North Carolina, August 26 -

Sept 2, 2013

Mom & Dad & Dex,

I love it here in Raleigh!  I don't think I have stopped sweating since I have been here.  It has been super crazy lately.  So we got here at the airport & then went right over to the mission home.  We did a little role-playing and then had dinner, then had our interviews with the President.  After all that, we went with his assistants to where they were staying and spent the night there.

The next morning we went to meet our new companions!  As usual I didn't really talk much to him, then I got comfortable and started to talk.  My comp right now is Elder Buckner from Cedar Hills, Utah.  He has been out for 10 months.

So after we meet our comps we had a little devotional, then we went to get our stuff, our new address, phone and car.  We go to get our address... they had no idea where we were staying.  Then a member came in and told us he was going to show us where we are going to live.  That was Brother Mills.  He is amazing. I'll tell  more later.  Anyways, we go on to find out we don't have a phone either.  Awesome.  We're both new to the area, we don't have a phone or have a stable place to say.  Oh and we have no area book... no bueno.  We go on and find out we have a car at least.  So we get the car & follow Bro. Mills to the members place.  We get there put our stuff in our room and find out we can't stay and unpack and all that... She is having a party later that night, so we couldn't stay.  Bro. Mills takes us to his place and we talk and meet his 19 year old granson who is less active.  So we talked at his place for a few hours then went back to our place finally.  We live with the Johnson's.  They are so great!  They have welcomed us and just done so much for us!  She even went to Costco to exchange my camera as you know!  They are such an amazing family, it is great!  We talk to them every night when we get back.  We talk for hours!  So yeah, sorry, it's been super crazy so I haven't really been able to write as much as I would like.

Oh! one night the Bishop took us to a super fancy restaurant called Rey's!  I had fried oysters & scallops there! They are actually not that bad!

Hope all is well!  You are all in my prayers everyday!  I love you guys! I love this Gospel and I love North Carolina!  I cannot wait to see what else happens this next two years!  Until next time!

Love,

Elder Beach
Found Elder Park at the Raleigh/Durham Airport!! Nick Park, spanish speaking (just arrived from the Mexico MTC) & Parker Beach & Nick Neria all went to high school together and were all called to North Carolina-Raleigh!!  Such a small world!

A moth I found... HUGE!!

 The car we share with the Sister Missionaries

Yes, I actually shave.

Dex~

I don't know if you're already doing this for seminary, but try doing the Book of Mormon Experience.  What you do is you first get a paperback BofM. Then write your testimony about it in the front, then as you read, highlight in different colors:
-Doctrine of Christ
-Missionary Related
-Attributes of Christ
-What Prophets Say
-Talking about Jesus
After you finish the Book, write your new testimony on one of the blank pages in the back.

I'm so glad to be able to call you my brother.  I wouldn't trade you for anything.  I love you man, stay studly!

Love, Elder Beach

Oh yeah, I got pooped on by a bird the other day... It's good luck, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment