The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Monday, September 16, 2013

One Month Already!

Excerpts from E-mails dated September 16, 2013

Companion: Elder Buckner, Cedar Hills, Utah
Location: Apex Zone, Cary, North Carolina


This last week has been great! I went on exchanges. The elder I went with was in a Spanish ward so they spoke Spanish to everyone. I didn't really talk much when we went to visit his investigators since I don't know Spanish! but I did actually place a BoM while out on exchanges and got them a potential new investigator! I was super excited about that! 

I am so excited to be here and cannot believe I have been out for a month already! Time flies! What scares me most is my trainer says the first four months go by super slow! and right now it doesn't seem like it is so slow. So it is going to just fly by! Every day I go to bed with a smile on my face because I am so excited to be here serving the Lord, and helping the people in Cary, North Carolina. 

That is awesome for Thomas to already be serving the Sacrament! I wish I could have been there! Also can you keep me updated on who's birthdays are coming up? 

Thank you. I am so glad to hear the Broncos won! That makes me even more excited! Of course the year the Broncos go to the Super Bowl, I am on a mission. I guess the Lord knows that if I wasn't on a mission I would have blown all my money to go to the Super Bowl. 

Good thing y'all got the car fixed up before Dex started really driving! That is awesome! a purple mirror!? I don't understand why it didn't pass because of that, cause when I had it, it passed just perfectly fine! Weird! 

THE MCMULLIN'S!? I haven't met them yet, but the wife is in the Young Women's Presidency! SMALL WORLD WITH MORMONS EVERYWHERE!* (refer to earlier It's a Small Small World post dated Sept 15, 2013)

I love you and I am so excited to hear back and I am so excited to be here in North Carolina!

 Elder Beach's current ward is the Cary 1st Ward, which shares a parking lot with the Raleigh North Carolina Temple!!

 We're assuming this is the Johnson Family that graciously allowed the missionaries to stay with them until they had an apartment!

Let's keep our fingers crossed that their closets always stay this clean and tidy!

When I told Parker how happy it made me to see his sunscreen out on his dresser, this was his reply:
Also, I have not put on any sunscreen at all. I have been getting tanner! and also i may have gained a few pounds or so. I am not entirely sure cause we don't have a scale... But i have been working out everyday lately! 

Love,

Elder Beach

P.S.  PLEASE SEND ME SOME POPCORN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment