The Field Is White

The Field Is White
Doctrine & Covenants 4:4

Monday, October 14, 2013

Ello!

This week has been great! The new transfers came in this last Tuesday, so I am proud to say that I am no longer the youngest missionary out here! This last Friday, the 10th I believe? We had a Zone Conference, where the whole Zone that I am serving in, meets up.  President & Sister Bernhisel, the A.P.'s and the Zone Leaders all teach us and what not. It was great, but long. It was from 9am-3pm HOLY SMOKES. It was still a lot of fun. Elder Buckner had a lot of friends there and he introduced me to them. They are all hilarious and I hope to be companions with them later! 

Oh, I don't remember exactly the night, but we met Bryan and George.  They're brothers who have lived in the same area all their life. They inherited their parents & Aunt's house. Bryan is a huge History buff.  He loves to collect antiques from the Civil War and pretty much any war. He does Civil War Re-enactments and asked us if we would like to do one! Unfortunately, we cannot. I think that would have been an awesome missionary story, doing an Re-enactment on my mission! Sadly we can't because it is out of our area and they only occur on Saturdays and Sundays. We are going to try to baptize both of them in the next coming months! I cannot wait!

Oh, Annika would like this, there is this statue we pass pretty often, it's kinda scary cause it looks like those Angels in Dr. Who, they have their face down in their hands. I'll have to take a picture of it when we see it again. 

Oh yeah, while we were visiting with Bryan and George, George loves to make CD's. He asked us if we wanted some! So we said sure!, trying to be nice. He went and got us each 2 Christmas CD's... You know how much I love Christmas music. I think this mission has changed me a lot already, cause we have not stopped listening to it since we got it. My all-time favorite song is Carol of the Bells, it gets me pumped! ;)***

There is an awesome song we have on one of Elder Buckner's CD's, one of the lines is "Work through the pain, rain or shine" I love that line. Anyways, that's kinda all for now, I'll send some pictures I took this week. Love Ya!
Elder Beach

Found an Owl in our apartment complex 

 Weird "Graffiti" of Cary, North Carolina
"Summer is Dead Yet Fall Has Not Been Born"

Packets from Taco Bell

 Mah Desk!

 Some more cool graffiti in downtown Cary

 A funny sign I saw while biking this last week

My new Oakley jacket that I got for $40

Got a new P-Day shirt.  Thought I would show it off with my Blue Steel look

 My other shirt!

 Dat Belt Buckle Doe


***Parental Note:
Sadly, and much to our chagrin, Parker detests Christmas music, always has.  We CANNOT wait to meet this completely transformed son of ours!!  Today marks his 2 months serving date... only 22 more months to go!






No comments:

Post a Comment